Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Not QUITE progress...

So, nope, I didn't manage to make the pattern for my sleeves last night. However, I did do a little reading, and found a shortgown in Costume in Detail that is kind of similar to mine, and I determined that the sleeve should be a 1-pc sleeve (I was going to make an older-style 2-pc sleeve). That is a little bit of progress, right?

I also pulled my picture from my last post into Illustrator today to work out where I want my armscye to be. While I was there, I mocked up an embroidery idea for the CB panel - I can't actually change where my shoulder and side-back seams are, but I can maybe create the illusion of a proper narrow back with some chain-stitched embroidery (similar to what is seen on the back of this dress.)

Also... the width of the front is now really bothering me. I think I will have to chop it out! (you can see about how much I would take out as delineated by the white block on the picture below).


Lots to do tonight!

2 comments:

  1. It's turning out fine! I like the changes you're proposing; the embroidery in particular would be really cute.
    Good luck with the sleeves. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm hoping that if I just use a simple chainstitch, the embroidery will be quick AND have a good bit of presence.

      Delete